Per the July 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action
According to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, the final deal to ensure a nuclear weapons-free Iran, the following provisions will be adhered to within the timeframe designated below.
- Reduction of installed centrifuges by approximately 2/3 to 6104, of which 5060 can be used for enrichment. Excess centrifuges will be put in International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) monitored storage and only used for replacements.
- All 6104 will be the first generation IR-1 model.
- Limit enrichment to ensure a breakout time of at least one year.
- No use of IR-2, IR-4, IR-5, IR-6 and IR-8 centrifuges.
- No enrichment beyond 3.67%.
- Reduce low-enriched uranium (LEU) stockpile from ~10,000 kg to 300kg of 3.67% LEU.
- Commitment to build no new enrichment facilities.
- No enrichment or fissile material at Fordo facility.
- No research and development on enrichment at Fordo.
- Sell any excess heavy water from the reactor at Arak on the open market.
- No additional heavy water reactors.
- Conduct enrichment only at the Natanz facility.
- No reprocessing or reprocessing research and development.
- Continuous surveillance of centrifuge rotors and bellows production and storage facilities.
- Iran’s centrifuge manufacturing base will be frozen and under continuous surveillance.
- Access to Iran’s uranium mines and continuous surveillance at mills where yellow cake is produced.
- A dedicated procurement channel will be established to monitor and approve, on a case-by-case basis, the supply, sale, or transfer to Iran of certain nuclear-related and dual-use materials and technologies. This program will be formalized in a UN resolution.
- Adherence to Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) obligations and associated IAEA safeguards and inspections of declared and undeclared facilities.
- Modify heavy water reactor at Arak so that weapons-grade plutonium cannot be produced.
- All spent fuel from the plutonium reactor at Arak will be shipped out of the country for the life of the reactor.