Biological and Chemical Weapons
Scientists Working Group on Biological and Chemical Security
The Scientists Working Group on Biological and Chemical Weapons Control, founded in 1989 at the Federation of American Scientists, moved in November 2003 to the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation to join the Center’s new program on biological and chemical weapons control. At present, the defining goals of the Working Group are reinforcing the norm against biological weapons, broadening the norm to encompass all misuse of biology, and supporting all of components of the Biological and Chemical Weapons Conventions. Major interests include preventing the development of biochemical disabling agents as weapons, promoting international measures to monitor biological weapons-capable activities, promoting global cooperative measures for combating infectious diseases, ethical education of bioscientists, monitoring US biodefense and anti-bioterrorism activities and opposing risky or dangerous biological research.
The Working Group develops working papers and reports on technical and policy issues, publishes papers in peer-reviewed journals, and holds seminars and briefings for U.S. and international officials. Working Group members have extensive experience with biological and chemical weapons issues and have an array of technical expertise that they contribute on a voluntary basis.
The Working Group can be reached by contacting Dr. Lynn Klotz at lynnklotz AT live DOT com.
RECENT ANALYSIS ON BIOLOGICAL AND CHEMICAL WEAPONS
- John Gilbert Quoted in Chemistry World April 26, 2017 Read More
- Senior Science Fellow John Gilbert Interviewed on LVNHL April 17, 2017 Read More
- Senior Science Fellow John Gilbert Quoted in The Telegraph April 15, 2017 Read More
- Senior Science Fellow John Gilbert Quoted in Fox News April 10, 2017 Read More
- Recent Papers and Important Archived Documents April 10, 2017 Read More
- Senior Policy Director Alexandra Bell Quoted in CBS News April 10, 2017 Read More
- Senior Science Fellow John Gilbert Quoted in WIRED April 8, 2017 Read More
- National Advisory Board Member Lt. General Robert Gard Interviewed on KCBS Radio April 7, 2017 Read More
- Senior Science Fellow John Gilbert’s Interview on WNYC Radio – The Takeaway April 7, 2017 Read More
- Senior Science Fellow John Gilbert’s Interview with TRT World April 7, 2017 Read More