A Communications Officer. Job description below.
The Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation and Council for a Livable World are seeking to hire a Communications Officer. The Communications Officer’s focus will be on outreach to the press and media.
The Communications Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Editing, pitching and coordinating writing of articles for outside publication
- Drafting and sending press releases
- Monitoring and tracking coverage of the Center and Council in the media
- Serving as a point of contact for media requests
- Cultivating relationships with reporters, editors, high-profile bloggers, and other media figures with the goal of promoting our mission and work
- Maintaining and regularly updating press lists
- Promoting the Center on social networks such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
Candidates should be outgoing, self-motivated, self-starters, able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task assignments. A B.A. or B.S. and excellent writing and editing skills are required. Familiarity with national security issues is a plus.