January 15, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Iran Deal Experts Available:
- Dr. Jim Walsh, Council Board Member and international security expert at MIT: j_walsh@MIT.edu; 617-388-8200
- Dr. Edward Levine, Center Board Chair and former senior staff member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org; 703-560-3383
- Lt. Gen. Robert Gard, Center Chair Emeritus and 31-year veteran of the US Army: email@example.com; 202-365-4011
Washington, DC—This weekend, Iran is expected to have completed the initial steps required for implementation of the nuclear agreement reached in July 2015.
Once they have done so, the International Atomic Energy Agency will release a report verifying that Iran has fulfilled its obligations under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, after which Iran will receive relief from nuclear-related sanctions.
Experts from the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation and Council for a Livable World are available to provide clarification on the implementation and to comment on its importance.
Please also see:
- Implementation Day Infographic
- Factsheet: Longevity of Major Iran Nuclear Agreement Provisions
- Factsheet: Iran and the Additional Protocol
The Council for a Livable World promotes policies to reduce and eventually eliminate nuclear weapons and to minimize the risk of war through lobbying and by helping elect and support Members of Congress who share our goals.
The Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation seeks to reduce nuclear weapons arsenals, halt the spread of nuclear weapons, and minimize the risk of war by educating the public and policy makers.