North Korea – Asia
The Asian continent includes four of the nine nuclear-armed states: India, Pakistan, China, and North Korea.
Hostile relations between India and Pakistan pose a nuclear danger impacting more than the sub-continent. And North Korea, led by the young and unpredictable new leader Kim Jong-Un, continues to build its stockpile of nuclear weapons, while launching tests of missiles and nuclear devices, and growing its nuclear capability.
RECENT ANALYSIS ON ASIA
- History of U.S.-North Korean diplomacy August 16, 2019
- Nuclear Tensions: INF Treaty, Iran and North Korea August 2, 2019
- North Korea Fires Two Short-Range Missiles off Its East Coast; Test coincides with a visit to Seoul by national security adviser John Bolton July 25, 2019
- For Trump, Kim and Moon, the DMZ is for Diplomacy, but Promises are Hard to Keep July 3, 2019
- Trump’s North Korea visit: Diplomatic breakthrough or publicity stunt? July 1, 2019
- Op-ed: Trump’s gamble with Kim yet to yield results June 30, 2019
- ‘Nobody’s happy about it’: Missile tests increase tensions with North Korea May 9, 2019
- How to Avoid Another Korean War April 30, 2019
- Trump admin aiming for major nuclear deal with Russia and China April 26, 2019
- Bonus Episode: Ankit Panda on India’s Anti-Satellite Test April 18, 2019