North Korea – Asia
The Asian continent includes four of the nine nuclear-armed states: India, Pakistan, China, and North Korea.
Hostile relations between India and Pakistan pose a nuclear danger impacting more than the sub-continent. And North Korea, led by the young and unpredictable new leader Kim Jong-Un, continues to build its stockpile of nuclear weapons, while launching tests of missiles and nuclear devices, and growing its nuclear capability.
RECENT ANALYSIS ON ASIA
- U.S. Envoy Voices Optimism Ahead of North Korea Nuclear Summit February 8, 2019
- US, N. Korea appear headed toward a second summit, but to what end? January 10, 2019
- Op-ed: We don’t have a missile gap in Asia. We have a diplomacy gap. November 2, 2018
- Kim’s Small Steps on Nuclear Program Put Ball in Trump’s Court September 18, 2018
- North Korea agrees to dismantle nuclear complex if US also takes steps; Kim says he’ll visit Seoul September 18, 2018
- Broken Arrow News: Week of August 26 September 10, 2018
- Broken Arrow News: Week of August 19 September 4, 2018
- Experts skeptical of Trump’s claim China is holding up N. Korea progress August 30, 2018
- Op-ed: North Korea’s other weapons of mass destruction August 1, 2018
- Nonproliferation Expert Tierney Calls Trump Nuclear Push ‘Dangerous and Unnecessary’ July 31, 2018