Position: PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Applications Closed)
Organization: Center for Arms Control and Nonproliferation (CACNP)
Location: Main Office – Washington, D.C.
Date posted: June 2017
The Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation is a Washington, D.C.-based 501(c)(3) organization that seeks to reduce nuclear weapons arsenals, halt the spread of nuclear weapons, and minimize the risk of war by educating the public and policy makers.
The Fissile Material Working Group (FMWG) is a project of the Center that develops policies that would prevent nuclear terrorism and advocates for the adoption of those policies, as it works to increase public awareness the issues.
The Center is seeking a program assistant to handle duties in support of upper management, including spending about one-half time in support of the Coordinator of the FMWG Project. Center is looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential to this position. The ideal candidate is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
- Implement and monitor programs as directed by management, and see the programs through to completion
- Generate correspondence, emails and reports when appropriate
- Establish and maintain, as appropriate, electronic and paper files
- Assume responsibility for ensuring maintenance of office equipment, including computers, telephonic and teleconferencing equipment, copy machines and fax machines
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and order items
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Maintain email lists and communications with the organization’s and project’s governing and advisory board members, and with membership in cooperation with the communications director and other co-workers
- Schedule travel and accommodations for staff and Board members and steering committee members
- Schedule and coordinate meetings of the Board and Steering Committee and take minutes for same
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed
- Manage workflow and coordinating tasks with other coworkers daily, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly
- College or general office post-secondary education preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar position;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and have strong organizational and record keeping skills; and
- Proficient computer skills Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
Compensation commensurate with experience – $37,500.00 – $45,000.00 range; includes benefits package.
Position Commencement date: Early July 2017
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample to:
Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation
c/o Cain Farmer, Controller
322 4th St. NE
Washington, DC 20002
Or send an e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Deadline for applications is June 23, 2017.
THE CENTER FOR ARMS CONTROL AND NON-PROLIFERATION is a Washington, D.C. based non-profit, non-partisan research organization dedicated to enhancing international peace and security in the 21st Century.
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.